Utah’s Laminate Countertop Specialists
Laminate is an affordable, stylish, and strong option for your countertops. Laminate countertops are easily maintainable and can last around 10-20 years with proper care. Whether you are a “DIYer” or a homeowner looking to remodel, laminate could fulfill your needs.
Laminate Countertops are a great option for achieving a high-end look on an entry-level budget. Mix and matching laminate materials to build your perfect style at a price that fits your budget is easily obtainable through Lloyds Remodeling and Cabinetry. Our team of professionals can help you find the perfect laminate match to fulfill your wants and needs. Designing your countertops doesn’t have to break the bank. Here at Lloyd’s Remodeling & Cabinetry, we offer excellent kitchen remodeling services for your property, including countertops.
Due to the laminate manufacturing and design improvement, these countertop surface solutions are making a bold comeback. With a vast variety of colors and designs to choose from, the styles are endless! Today’s laminate designs keep up with modern trends. From textures to patterns, there is a laminate countertop to fit your aesthetic. If you are looking for a surface to mimic natural stone countertops, laminate is the perfect choice because of its improved design and printing capabilities. Current laminate countertop designers have evolved to replicate natural countertop materials such as marble, granite, wood, quartz, etc. using the newest technology and software.
Laminates are made of non-porous materials that are created to withstand stains. Laminate countertops are composed of plastic layers bonded to particleboard or kraft paper. Bonding to these materials ensures a solid and strong surface to resist everyday use. Although laminate is durable, this countertop surface is not to be cut on since it is subject to scratches. Avoid exposure to extreme heat. Avoid placing hot items directly onto the laminate surface to prevent damage. With proper care, laminate countertops usually last from 10-20 years
Like other countertop surfaces, laminate countertops are easy and simple to maintain. To clean the surface, all you need is mild soap and a small amount of water to keep them looking good as new. Cleaning the countertop surface by gently scrubbing the surface with a soft soapy sponge to prevent scratches. Stay away from the use of abrasive cleaning tools such as steel wool or other stiff-bristled brushes. If you are looking to polish the surfaces shiny, purchasing a kitchen gloss polish and follow directions of the chosen product. This application will give a more reflective shine but is not necessary if you frequently keep your laminate countertops clean as the messes happen.
Here is a simplified list of laminate countertop care do’s and don’ts.
- Clean regularly (use mild soap and a small amount of water)
- Gently scrub using a sponge or fiber pad and mild soap to remove tough stains, grease, or dried food.
- Do not leave the cleaning solution sitting on the countertop for a long period of time. This can cause saturation of water to the laminates adhesive.
- Don’t set hot items and appliances directly onto the laminate surface. This will lead to burned and scarred surfaces. Instead, use heat barriers such as trivets and hot pads for your hot items.
- Don’t use the surface as a cutting board. Laminate can be sliced into, creating areas for bacteria to grow in.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals or cleaning products on your surface. This will prevent dulling of the laminate’s shiny finish.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaning tools such as steel wool. Abrasive tools and firm bristles will scratch and dull the laminate surface.
Customize Your Countertops Today
No matter your circumstances, there is a laminate countertop option for your surfaces. We offer a wide variety of surface solutions. Our experts in Sandy, UT can help you to choose the best material for your countertop and specific situation! Contact Lloyds Remodeling and Cabinetry countertop experts for more information about laminate countertops.
CONTACT US: 801.797.0345